Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tv, Movies and The Decline of Blonde People.

Here are my tv/movie thoughts for the past month or so! Hope you enjoy :)

Tonight was a new episode of Glee. Gotta admit, it wasn't my favorite. The whole Kurt/Finn thing kinda freaked me out a little bit.... but such is life. Glee isn't normally the kind of show I would like, so I find it interesting that I actually like it. I'm not sure what it is about it that I like. I like Matthew Morrison, of course, but who wouldn't? I like the music as well, but obviously my favorite part is Sue Sylvester. She cracks me up every time she opens her mouth. I know she's cruel, but she's 100% hilarious. I think Glee brings something completely different to the table. I also have no doubt that they picked up on the fact that musicals are a big thing right now. Good for FOX...milk it while you can! I wasn't happy to see April back though, good Lord that woman gets on my last nerve! I say we keep her off. I'm ready for some good stuff to start happening. They need to bring a little more drama in. Let's all cross our fingers for a better episode next week.


Parenthood is one of my new favorite shows. Granted, I know I'm not a parent and thank God, I have a few years before I have to take that task on. I just love the family conflicts, they're pretty interesting. It also goes without saying that anything Lauren Graham stars in is probably going to be worth watching. Gilmore Girls is an all time favorite, so I had to get into Parenthood. So far, I think that Adam is my favorite character. I really admire the way he keeps his entire family together. It's a quality I wish I had. :) I feel like the entire cast is great, they all work well together! It's already been renewed for Season 2, so that leaves me with some peace that it's not going to get cancelled out of the middle of nowhere like The Deep End did.

Honestly though, I wasn't too devastated about The Deep End. ABC tends to come up with some off the wall shows that don't do well, so it wasn't surprising in the least that it was cancelled after 6 episodes. Grey's Anatomy is finally coming back with a new episode. It's been I don't even know how many weeks since a new one. It's about time! Honestly, I'm ready for them to pick up some drama or something, it's been getting boring. I couldn't even bring myself to watch last week's BONES. I'm SO bored with it! It was one of my all time favorites, but after I saw that they're just going to let this Booth/Bones chemistry drag on and on I just got sick of it and said "NO MORE!" The first few seasons were so good, I'm not sure what's happening lately, it's getting to the point of sheer frustration. Thank God, Lie To Me is returning in June! I'm ready for it too! I'm ready for something that is actually intriguing and with a story line that MOVES!


As for movies, there have been quite a few lately that are worth watching. One of my new favorites of all time, that I will no doubt buy and watch a hundred times is Leap Year. Matthew Goode and Amy Adams are a riot! I laughed my butt off and also felt a few tears at times. It was the perfect combination! It's definitely one for Romcom fans to check out! I guarantee you that you will NOT be disappointed! I was shocked at how little I've heard about this movie though, it's so great! Anyway..moving on!






Alright, I have to do it! I have to insert The Last Song. Now, the movie doesn't even begin to compare with the book. Then again, what movie every really does? I was thoroughly impressed by the book and yet still somewhat attached to the movie. Now, I know that anyone over the age of twelve with half a brain would say, "Miley Cyrus? Thanks, but no thanks." I can't say I disagree with you. I know she has some qualities that can be labeled annoying, but nevertheless she's a decent actress and she did relatively well for the part. Of course, Liam Hemsworth was precious and left us all asking at the end of the movie, "Really? That precious guy is dating Miley in real life?" It's still a mystery to me. Anyway, the movie left out a lot of key elements, in my opinion, but still it wasn't terrible. Now, ask a guy and he might would say something different. I'd say for anyone in the 13-25 range, you'd enjoy it!


Now, here's a genuine surprise! Remember Me. I saw the trailer for this movie and almost gagged. Everyone knows I'm not the biggest Robert Pattinson fan, but this movie just looked terrible. Even Jordan, who loves him was like,"It's going to be a terrible movie, but i'll see it anyway." I was pleasantly surprised at how this movie wasn't terrible! It was actually NOTHING like I expected it to be! It had depth, shock, intrigue...it had pretty much everything I thought it would lack! I was crazy surprised and somewhat blown away that Robert Pattinson could play in something exceptionally moving. Surprising as this may be, I can admit when I'm wrong and I was wrong to pre-judge this movie. It's worth seeing.


Last, but certainly not least is Letters to Juliet. This movie is currently on my list of "Movies to See." It comes out May 14, and I can't wait! I feel like it's going to be super cute and something I'll enjoy. It's a different kind of story and that's EXACTLY what I like to see. I'm also somewhat becoming a fan of Amanda Seyfried! I think this movie is going to be worth the $9.00 I'll spend on it, as well as the $9.00 I'll spend in gas to get to the theatre! The trailer looks darling and of course we must value that there are two blonde people in this movie. Blonde people are sadly going extinct. I seriously believe that probably by 2030, there will be only a few of them left. Brunettes are beginning to dominate, so we best enjoy this blonde romance while we can! We also must encourage it, perhaps if more blonde people get together they can reproduce and rebuild the declining population of blondes. Mm, then again, i'm not sure if that would be a good thing or not.


Well, these are my current thoughts. Take them at face value, but also check out these shows and movies on your own. If you have reason to argue...I dare say, argue! This is just me: "SPEAKING AS A COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE THIRD PARTY OBSERVER WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL INTEREST IN THE MATTER... "

Love!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashlin,

    I clicked over from your comment on Real Teen Faith, and just had to comment on your post!

    I LOVED Leap Year! Am NOT a Robert Pattinson fan. And can't WAIT to see Letters to Juliet!

    Love your blog - I'm bookmarking you :)

    - Abbie
    abbiewrote.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you and i have the same taste in almost everything... except squash. :P

    ReplyDelete