Tuesday, March 9, 2010

how precious life is...

Life is so precious. I'm realizing this more and more each passing day. As some of you know, 2 and a half years ago I lost a friend in a car wreck. His name was Travis and he was a wonderful guy. I think about him a lot and just recently I've been thinking about him more than usual. Last week, two guys from my former high school were also in a wreck. One survived, one did not. I sat down in disbelief and counted. From that school we had seen 6 serious wrecks in the four years we've been in High School. Tonight, I saw where another guy from my former school has been in a wreck and airlifted to a nearby hospital. I can't believe it. 7 Serious wrecks in 4 years. 3 of these resulted in death and 1 life still hangs in the balance. My heart breaks and I can't help but hope and pray that each of these kids who passed knew Jesus. I don't mean have just heard of him... but knew him and knew of his love. My heart desperately hopes they are with him now. As for those who lived... I hope that they come to know him through their tragic experiences. I pray that if the young man who has just been taken to the hospital doesn't know Jesus... I pray he will. I pray he will see Jesus through a miracle and come to be a radical Christian that changes the world.
My hope is also that the kids and people that have been apart of each of these lives will see Jesus in all of his love and mercy. I pray that people open their eyes to see that we only have one life to live..and we should live it for a Holy and wonderful savior..who gave everything for us. I hope people will see how we only get one shot. I hope people will see how precious time and life are.

Keep these families in your prayers. Keep this young man who is currently in the hospital in your prayers. Help me in praying that Jesus will shine through in this dark hour.

"We couldn't see it 'til now, but you were teaching us then...how precious life is."

No comments:

Post a Comment