Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"children get older..i'm getting older too"

It's officially my birthday. You know how every year people say..."how does it feel to be one year older?" and you say.. "oh good." but really..you're thinking "i feel EXACTLY the same." It's 12:16 and i've only been 1 year older for 16 minutes now... but I feel stinkin AWESOME! This is seriously one of those defining moments where I'm like "I REALLY FEEL A YEAR OLDER..AND I AM LOVING IT!" 18 is the big one... at least for most people. I've spent my entire life waiting to be 18...and now I am! Let me just say, IT FEELS GOOD. I feel like I've been running a marathon and I have finally reached a check point..a place of accomplishment. I know it's crazy. Trust me, I know.

So..what does this day hold for me? Who knows. I do know I have to work... WELCOME TO ADULTHOOD. Oh well, it's only for a few hours so i will survive. After that, I'm going to enjoy this day and party like its 2010.

I never thought i'd get here. 2010 seemed so far away..the year i'd graduate..become an adult..go to college. I can't believe it's happening. Praise God, it's happening. Change is here and I am loving it.

1 comment: