Wednesday, January 27, 2010

what's love got to do with it?

Every day I hear the same question in my mind. It sounds stupid, but nevertheless it runs through my mind every day. "Can you hate and love someone at the same time?" I don't think you can, but then again that doesn't explain the current predicament i'm in. Can you hate everything a person does or stands for or says... and that not necessarily mean you HATE the person...? Isn't a person made up of their thoughts, actions, beliefs and ideas? If you hate all of those things...doesn't that mean you hate that person? Maybe not. Maybe you love them as they were made. You love them through God's eyes. You love them unconditionally. That your love does not depend on what they say or do.. or do not say or do. But rather just because they are living and breathing and you are called to love them. Sometimes I don't like what my family does or says.. but I still love them. I guess it's the same with everyone else.

I guess this is just a current thought running through my mind. I don't understand love. But then again, i'm not called to understand EVERY LITTLE DETAIL about it.. i'm just called to walk in it. I don't always feel like it, but I know that only good can come from giving love.

No comments:

Post a Comment