Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ministry

I'm really excited that Christmas is almost here. It comes at a time when the seasons of my life are changing. It couldn't have come at a better time... It's all just starting to make some sense.

I feel like that this past season has been a season of receiving. After spending 16 years with my family in the ministry, the last year of just receiving instead of always giving out was just what the Great Physician ordered. I finally feel the Lord calling me back into that place of ministry again. Thank you Jesus. I have truly missed it more than I'd ever imagined. When you're in the ministry for most of your life it gets very exhausting, very dry and really difficult to keep moving. This time of rest and recoop. has just been a blessing in disguise. While I felt myself growing restless in the past couple of months, I knew it was what God was calling for.

Although this has been a time of revelation, growing and receiving. I can honestly say that I receive more when ministering than when I don't. The reward of seeing the harvest of the seeds you plant ministers to the minister just as much (if not more sometimes) than to the person they're ministering to.

Christmas is an amazing time to minster and so I'm really excited about that. I'm excited to see what God is going to put in front of me to do this holiday season! I love this time of year and I can't wait to see what's in store for this next upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment