Wednesday, August 19, 2009

it's getting better all the time.

So last night... I started complaining. It's been happening a lot lately, and I'm not proud of it. Anyways, I started complaining about having nothing to do with my time. "Well, be careful what you wish for...cause you just might get it all (and then some you don't want)." I'm super excited because I have a lot of things coming up soon and so I'm amazed and grateful that the Lord has answered that prayer. As for getting up earlier, I have been doing a lot better and I'm so thankful for that. It's 11:16 and I'm already tired and ready for bed..which is an AWESOME accomplishment for me! :) Tonight was so good..all day has been completely great. I've spent the entire day laughing like crazy. I went through my 90 millionth license check tonight. I go through them more often than anyone I know. (Maybe it's a sign to start a witnessing ministry to the police! HA!) Anyway, tonight I went through and as soon as I saw the blue lights as I turned the corner, I grabbed my purse and had my license in hand, hanging out of my window when I pulled up. The seven or eight cops standing there all looked at each other in confusion. I've yet to figure out if it was because I was so eagerly prepared, or because it wasn't really a license check....haha I'm not really sure what was going on. Anyway, the fact that they all looked at each other like I was completely nuts for handing them my license and the cop nearest to me fumbled around with a confused look on his face.. saying "ohhh?" and took it... By then I just bursted out laughing with Sarah (who was in the passengers seat) and the next cop proceeded to ask what we were laughing at when Sarah said "You". He looked at us for a second confused and then Sarah continued (in a hilarious country accent) "We're just happy...we love Jesus!" Which then the cop bursted out laughing as well...and we laughed all the way home. It was one of the most enjoyable "license checks" (if that's what it really was) that i've ever been through..and trust me, I go through my share of them.

So my plan for this moment is to get some sleep and wake up early(ish) tomorrow and do some productive things. Things have been staying clean around our house (probably because I clean a lot) but nevertheless it's a blessing and I'm thankful for it. Things are happening. God is moving. and Life is getting better and I'm so thankful for it. I needed some breakthrough and it's finally coming. Granted, I'm going to be facing some things in the next few days that cannot be defined as "cake" but i'm convinced that God knows EXACTLY what he is doing :)

I love all of you! Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this ESPECIALLY the license Check. I'm glad sarah said that and you guys were laughing with joy in the Lord :)!!! What a great time in your life and I'm so excited and happy for you!!!! :-D yay

    ReplyDelete