Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Beginning of the End

These past few days have been crazy. They've included a work day, a cook out with the Bhutanese from church, a solo trip to the mountains, sitting in an hour and a half of traffic, a lunch & car decorating day with Sarah for our last day of summer, and the girl's breakfast this morning. Today is the official start of my senior year. I actually found myself tearing up at the thought. I cannot believe how fast time has flown. People always told me, "those four years of high school will fly by!" I didn't believe them, but they were right.

Although things have been a little crazy, God has been so good! I wish I had the energy to update you on more, but like I said...things are busy. Today is the beginning of the end of a huge chapter in a person's life. It's one of the most exciting things ever, I can't believe I actually got here. Then again, it's sad. Growing up is a always a bittersweet thing. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this year, it's going be a good year and I'm going to embrace it. My motto for this year is "You only live once!" I'm going to make the most of every opportunity that comes my way and just have fun and enjoy this time in my life.

I'll update more when my schedule allows for it and I'm not so exhausted. Getting up so early the past week has started to get to me. Have a great day!

love, ashlin :)

1 comment:

  1. I know I was thinking today...in one year I will be in my senior year of college. COLLEGE. that seems impossible..yet time keeps flying. The important thing is to enjoy it and also graciously take this time of preparation. I know sometimes I think I don't need to prepare i'm ready now God..then he puts me to a mini-test about the thing I think i'm prepared for and he shows me how un-prepared I am. I want to be ready and I know right now that I have to learn disciplines. The disciplnes of trust, faith, sacrafice, intimacy, perservernce. Because we can't go into our callings unprepared because we can't afford to not be fruitful in those areas..we must be ready!!! I love you.

    ReplyDelete