Friday, July 2, 2010

Photographs & Memories

I know the story of Lauren & Luke pretty well. Considering I was there from the start, it is a story that is close to my heart. I remember the days when I would tease Lauren and accuse her of liking Luke. She would deny it (of course), but nevertheless, I always knew there was something there. After a few years of friendship and a few little obstacles along the way, the two of them finally saw what I'd been seeing for a while, that they have an undeniable chemistry. Once they started dating, it wasn't hard for anyone to see that they were perfect together. What a joy it has been to see to halves coming together to complete one another just the way God intended when he first made Adam and Eve.

Lauren, who is my cousin, has also been one of my best friends since we were kids. We have laughed, cried, fought, built forts, raced for turtles, had a million sleepovers and talked until the wee hours of the morning. My heart is so happy that she has finally found the man she will spend the rest of her life with. Luke couldn't be more precious. I have no doubt that no one will ever be able to love her as much as he does. It's constantly all over his face just how much he adores her. There are constantly those little moments where he just glances her way and you see some supernatural love come over his face. I've also never seen Lauren look at anyone the way she looks at Luke. They have no doubt brought the best out of each other.

On Wednesday, I had the pleasure of taking Lauren and Luke's engagement pictures. It was so much fun and we got some great shots! I think the greatest part about it was that they are so easy to photograph. Their love for each other shows up in the funniest ways and you can't help but feel that mushy gushy feeling when you're around them. In the process of editing their pictures, I even found myself practically weeping. Partly, because she is my cousin and best friend and to think that she is getting married is mind blowing, but also because they are so precious and are a beautiful example of what true love looks like.

I will give you a little sneak preview of their engagement pictures! I am absolutely so excited for them! I won't show you too much though because the soon to be married couple haven't even seen them all yet. :)

Are they not precious? There are ones that are even more precious and hilarious than these! At some point, you will get to see more! For now, enjoy! I hope you're all well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment