Thursday, July 29, 2010

Decisions have been made.

Good evening,
I guess I should say morning since it's now after midnight. It's been a while since I've given a life update. A lot has been going on and I've barely had sleep in two days. I finally got in a three hour nap today which helped tremendously. I am planning to go back to bed after I write this and try to get up early tomorrow. (Try being the key word to that sentence)

Decisions have been made. As all of you know, I've been in the process of trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my life. Everything is not OFFICIALLY worked out, but I made some huge steps today and I feel good about them. I was a little worried, but God sent confirmation IMMEDIATELY after, showing me that I was moving in the right direction. I can't express how grateful I am for that. I've been asking him so much lately to show me that he's working in this. Thank you God for showing up today.

So, the question on the tip of everyone's tongue...."What are you going to do!?" I know, I've been leaving everyone in the dark for weeks (months, actually), but finally I think I'll be able to lay some plans out there for you.

I dropped my classes at DCCC. That was difficult, but so right. I knew when I registered I was completely in the wrong and not listening to the voice of God. It was hard to let go of that security blanket, but God got me through somehow. Now, the plan is this....(drum roll please)............. I'm looking into writing. This shouldn't come as much of a shock to anyone that knows me, but nevertheless it's not something I normally discuss with people. I'm going to be embarking toward an apprentice certificate from the Christian Writer's Guild. I will also try to get in some college credit from Taylor University in the process of all of that. I want to write novels. It's a dream that's been buried in me for a really long time, but it took me a really long time to let God take hold of it and show me what to do. It's a long story. If you want to know more about it, call me and we'll get some coffee and talk about it.

As for my other dreams. Well, of course I still want to travel and do ministry/missions of some kind. The right opportunity hasn't seemed to come along yet. I have a few things in the back of my mind, but no plans have panned out just yet. I'm not giving up on it though, I know God is going to direct me with it! I'm excited about that!

I can't tell you what a relief it is to have some plans established. It's August 2nd and most people would consider it the last minute (and I am without a doubt one of those people), but it's right on time. God isn't done yet either, I know he's got a lot more lined up for this year and that's why I'm not going to physically tied down to school right now. I still have some of my own plans, but I know that he will change them and tweak them as he sees fit and I am MORE than okay with that.

Honestly, his dreams and plans are so much better than mine. When I started out figuring out what I was going to do after High School, I had a completely different plan in a totally opposite direction. It sounded a little less crazy and risky....actually, it sounded totally safe and secure. There's something life changing and exciting about stepping out on the edge though and letting God just take you wherever he has planned. His plans look COMPLETELY different than mine, but they are SO much better!

I have some more things to get in order tomorrow. One of those being changing my oil. I am 3,000 miles over (oops!). I also have to cancel my gym membership because it's costing $30 and I don't use it anymore! (I am not proud of that.) Just know that things are happening and God is moving in awesome ways! I am relieved, excited and ready to start this journey! Thanks for all of your prayers and support these past few months!

Love,
Ashlin

No comments:

Post a Comment