Monday, February 15, 2010

an update for those who love me :)

For the record--I went to bed at 8 pm last night and woke up at 5:30 am. I think my sleep habits are turning into a complete opposite, which is totally okay with me.

Guess what tomorrow is? College roadtrip day! Mom, Dad and myself are all taking a drive to Wilson, NC to check out Barton College. I've been looking at Barton since my freshman year in High School. I can't believe the time has almost come to make a decision and start getting everything compared. I can't believe how fast it all went by. It's one of the three colleges I applied to and so it's definitely in the running. I've obviously been to both Gardner-Webb and Montreat (to visit my two best friends) and I love them both. Despite how AWESOME it would be to be around my amazing sister and cousin...there's also an appeal to embarking on a completely different journey and going off on my own. Tomorrow is really going to make or break some big decisions.

Back when I was considering leaving for school in the spring... Barton went out of the running.. just because I didn't have time to visit and I didn't want to go somewhere I had never even seen. Maybe this is God's way of getting me there...postponing my college wishes so that I could most definitely be at the right one. BUT perhaps Barton isn't the place for me? I guess that's what I'm planning to find out tomorrow and wednesday! I'm excited, nervous, and super glad to get out of town for a few days. This girl needs a breather and some time to back away and get some perspective on a lot of things.

SO.. Maybe I'll get there and LOVE it and say "YES, YES! This IS the place for me!!!" Or maybe I'll get there and be like "ehh.. nah, this isn't it" I don't know.... but I will keep you all updated and let you know how the trip goes. I'll try to take some pictures and show off the fun trip we're going to have ;)

Other than that... not much else is going on. Work is coming to a slow end and it's a bittersweet thing. While I'll be glad to have my Mondays and Thursdays back.. it will be heartbreaking to leave my kids...truly heartbreaking. They've really taught me so much. They've taught me more about love in these last few months than I could've ever imagined. They've taught me about a lot of things.. I think it's safe to say they've taught me more than I have taught them.

ALSO! Pray for a purchase that I am attempting to make within the next couple of weeks. It's steep and will weigh heavily on my bank account..so just pray that God sends me the right deal! I love you all so much!

P.S. I saw Leap Year for the second time. It's such an awesome movie! (Definitely one I'm planning to purchase when it releases on DVD!) If you haven't seen it..make sure to rent it when it comes out!

2 comments:

  1. We hope you enjoy your visit to Barton! We wish you the best whatever your decision is!

    Your friends at Barton College!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take lots of pictures and enjoy the trip..:) See you soon.

    ReplyDelete